Chris Tedford is a Senior Advisor at SierraConstellation Partners and has over 20 years of finance and accounting experience that includes strategic financial planning and forecasting, debt and equity financing activity, project management and process re-engineering, M&A activity and integration, policy development and change management.
Chris has experience leading the finance function for small to mid-sized retail and manufacturing companies across a variety of industries, with specific experience navigating through economic challenges and significant restructuring activities.
Prior to joining SCP, Chris served as EVP and Chief Financial Officer of KushCo Holdings where he raised over $100 million in capital, significantly upsized the company’s revolving line of credit and helped stabilize its overall liquidity position. Prior to that, Chris served as SVP and Chief Accounting Officer at Confie insurance where he was instrumental in securing the company’s $755 million credit facility, established a best practices treasury management function, and drove over $1 million of annual finance-related cost savings. Chris previously worked at Pacific Sunwear initially as Corporate Controller and later served as CFO, where he led the company through an effective Chapter 11 restructuring process.
Chris began his career by holding senior leadership positions within KPMG and Deloitte. Chris is a CPA (inactive) and has a bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Irvine and a Master’s degree from the University of Southern California. Chris enjoys spending time outdoors with his family, playing ice hockey with friends and watching his two young boys play sports.
- While serving as CFO of a large national specialty retailer, negotiated all key terms to secure a $100 million Debtor-in-Possession credit facility and led all pre-petition financial preparation to file for bankruptcy protection, which resulted in the successful restructuring and sale of the core business.
- While serving as CAO of a $1 billion insurance brokerage firm, developed a detailed cash model to accurately forecast liquidity, actively manage cash flow and revolver borrowings to optimize cash collections and closely control expenditures, ensuring consistent credibility and timely communication between the company and its equity holders and lenders, ultimately resulting in the stabilization of the company’s liquidity position via a recapitalization process.
- Developed a centralized shared services center for all operational and general accounting processes and procedures, reducing full-time headcount by 60%, and leading to over $1 million of annual cost savings.
- While serving as CFO of a rapidly-expanding emerging growth company, raised $80 million via multiple equity offerings, secured a $20 million term loan with favorable pricing, significantly upsized the company’s asset-based line of credit, representing a 4x increase in related borrowing capacity, and substantially improved the company’s working capital position through enhanced collection efforts and stricter inventory management procedures.
- Developed and implemented all necessary core competencies within the office of the CFO, including long-term strategic planning and forecasting procedures, critical business intelligence expertise, highly sophisticated treasury management procedures, significant process improvement within the operational accounting function, and more efficient and effective general accounting and financial reporting.