Colby Whitlow, a Senior Director out of Dallas at SierraConstellation Partners, provides financial and operational advisory services to underperforming companies and companies in transition. He has over 11 years of financial advisory and corporate finance experience, including in-court and out-of-court restructurings, operational turnarounds, balance sheet restructurings, performance improvement, mergers and acquisitions, liquidity management, and financial modeling and forecasting.
Mr. Whitlow has significant experience advising companies and various creditor groups through complex restructuring matters. His industry experience includes business services, consumer products & retail, energy & power, industrials & manufacturing, technology & telecom, and wholesale & distribution.
Prior to joining SCP, Colby worked in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring practice at FTI Consulting. Prior to FTI, he worked in the Strategy & Operations – Finance practice at Deloitte Consulting. He began his career in various in-house corporate finance roles for two international retail and wholesale companies.
Colby holds a bachelor’s degree with honors in finance and accounting from Oklahoma State University and an MBA from Mays Business School at Texas A&M University. He is a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA), and he serves as Co-Chair of the Financial Professionals Committee of the DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers.
- Served as financial advisor to a middle-market E&P company during out-of-court lender negotiations and a formal in-court Ch. 11 proceeding. Primary responsibilities included business plan development, scenario modeling, cash flow model development, contingency planning, and bankruptcy administration and reporting.
- Served as financial advisor to a distressed middle-market power generation plant / fund during an out-of-court financial restructuring. Primary responsibilities included cash flow model development, contingency planning, and valuation.
- Served as financial advisor to a middle-market international offshore drilling company seeking a distressed capital raise ahead of a potential chapter 11 filing. Primary responsibilities included cash flow model development, contingency planning, and business plan development.
- Served as financial advisor to the equity sponsor of a major international consumer products manufacturer. Primary responsibilities included the development of a 13-week cash flow model and liquidity management advisory.
- Served as financial advisor to a leading PE firm regarding its term loan with a distressed gas refrigerants company. Provided business plan, cash flow, and covenant analyses, as well as a robust company-side financial model rebuild in support of numerous credit amendments and covenant resets.
- Served as financial advisor to the largest debtholder in the Chesapeake Energy bankruptcy. Primary responsibilities included recovery waterfall analyses, lien analysis, and cash flow and business plan analyses.