David Bitterman, a Managing Director at SierraConstellation Partners, has nearly 30 years of experience as a financial advisor, investment banker and sell-side research analyst mostly serving the automotive, transportation and general industrial sectors. His career has provided him with great connectivity to lenders, lawyers, private equity firms and other return-oriented investors. David has enjoyed great success professionally both in an execution and business development capacity. At SCP, David is focused on maintaining support from his longstanding relationships to expand SCP’s presence in new markets, mostly on the east coast.
Prior to SierraConstellation, David spent 11 years at Huron Consulting Group where he first served in a capital raising capacity, eventually co-heading the firm’s broker-dealer and, subsequently, running new business development nationally for the Business Advisory practice.
Prior to Huron, David was 8 years at Deutsche Bank Securities, mostly in leveraged finance, first running the High Yield Research group and then moving onto the Industrials investment banking team where he worked on financing transactions in the automotive, commercial truck and car rental industries. David helped arrange and finance several leveraged buyouts of automotive suppliers and well as finance consolidation in the car rental industry and in support of several car OEMs as they managed through the Great Recession.
Since then, David has helped to raise capital for many stressed and distressed middle market companies and has worked alongside many lenders and investors to manage through some very challenging credits and platform companies.
In 2021, David won the 15th Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Award under the category of ‘Information Technology Deal of the Year’ for his work with Wave Computing.
David received his bachelor’s degree in International Relations from Tufts University and his MBA in Finance from the NYU Stern School of Business.
Relevant Industry Expertise
Entertainment & Media
Industrials & Manufacturing
Technology & Telecom
Download David’s vCard
- Ran several successful debt capital raises concurrent with Financial Advisor roles at several stressed automotive suppliers through the Great Recession when credit appetite for the sector was particularly tight.
- At SCP, David led the successful refinancing of a non-emergency ambulatory care provider.
- Completed successful rights offering for an automotive supplier.
- Ran a sellside advisory for Contech Castings in bankruptcy.
- Ran a sellside advisory for a west coast-based digital marketing and advertising agency.
- Served as Financial Advisor to a Georgia-based Payday lender, which ultimately resulted in a successful high yield bond offering.