Jim Peters, Managing Director and Head of SierraConstellation Partners’ Performance Improvement practice, has a deep history as an operating, strategy, and commercial executive with a practice focused in developing and implementing business strategies, improving business performance, and advising and supporting business transactions, particularly in and around private equity investments. Jim has significant experience supporting primary organizations and financial sponsors in a wide range of industries.
Prior to joining SCP, Jim served as Director, Partner and CEO of Enovation Partners in Philadelphia, PA where he focused on issues of power, natural gas, and infrastructure for US clients. Prior to Enovation Partners, Jim has held partner level roles at both McKinsey & Co., and AlixPartners, among others. He has also had experience as an entrepreneur at FRAQUA, Inc., and most recently with Intersect Energy, LLC.
Away from work, Jim enjoys golfing, bourbon and a good cigar. Though, his biggest passion is spending time with his wife Chris and their four kids and two amazing grandkids.
- Developed a value chain acquisition strategy for a large gas LDC to focus on growth in the midstream. Particular emphasis on gathering/processing assets, intrastate pipelines and storage assets within the company footprint.
- Conducted due diligence for global chemical company on a merger of equals transaction. Assessed investment opportunity, target capabilities and core integration issues to unlock value in the acquisition.
- Conducted diligence for numerous potential deals for both private equity and principals. Recent ones include:
- LDC due diligence for a strategic buyer of a $5B integrated utility.
- Market and synergy estimation for multiple energy efficiency transactions on behalf of a PE buyer.
- $3 Billion energy investment for major services company.
- Market entry acquisition of $250MM player for retail division of oil company.
- Due diligence for 50 retail outlets for major retail brand.
- Buyer due diligence on the purchaser of client’s E&P assets.
- Developed novel approach to place specialty product in saturated downstream markets for an NOC. Evaluated options and developed negotiation strategies for five alliances and investments totaling over $2 billion in incremental downstream investments in the US.
- Conducted year-long process supporting privatization of a portion of an NOC. It included evaluating entire business to determine strategic assets (to be kept) as well as those to be sold, packaging them for sale, and identifying likely international buyers for the assets.
- Developed integrated 5 year growth strategy targeted to double revenues by 2015 through both organic and acquisition led processes. Recommended strategies for both large and small acquisition candidates and organic growth options.