Mark Nixon, a Managing Director at SierraConstellation Partners, has over 30 years of sales, marketing and general management experience in the consumer products industry across a wide range of product categories including human foods, food service, pet foods, beverages, furniture, and cosmetics.
Mark’s leadership roles span across both large corporations (P&G, Nestle and ConAgra Foods) and smaller, family-owned companies. Mark is a former member of Vistage and the National Association for Corporate Directors. He recently published an article on navigating market uncertainties entitled “Deja Vu All Over Again” that can be found here.
Mark received his bachelor’s degree in Philosophy from Princeton University, and an M.B.A. in Finance and Marketing from Columbia University Business School. He also successfully completed ACG’s Middle-Market Certification program.
Relevant Industry Expertise
Food & Agriculture
Industrials & Manufacturing
Restaurants & Food Services
Download Mark’s vCard
“SierraConstellation came highly recommended to us at a critical juncture for our company. A dramatic change in our short-term profitable revenue stream changed. Led by Mark Nixon, they quickly helped us focus on implementing a restructure to turn the company to profitability again within a few months. Secondly, they ran a successful process to secure new financing to allow for future investment. Mark and the SierraConstellation team brought immeasurable value that we’ll benefit from for many years to come.”
– Chief Executive Officer
“SierraConstellation brought a fresh perspective and professional presence to a difficult and tense banking relationship. Mark Nixon, in particular, consistently displayed the unique ability to understand and interpret the facts of a challenging and complex situation and, in turn, effectively communicate with the bank as we sought to refinance. The result was a series of extensions from the outgoing bank that permitted SierraConstellation and us to identify, engage and close on a successful refinancing.”
– Chief Financial Officer
- As financial advisor, led the liquidation analysis of a $20M consumer telescope manufacturing company with facilities in both the U.S. and Mexico, as part of a bankruptcy litigation.
- Served as financial advisor to a $80M non-emergency medical transportation company in default with its lender. Navigated the relationships between the Relationship Team, the Special Assets Group, and the company. Led capital raise that resulted in lender being paid off in full and additional liquidity for the company.
- As a marketing executive within Nestle’s Friskies Petcare Division, assumed leadership of a $73 million pet foods brand portfolio to lead a turnaround toward stronger market and financial performance. Also, once served as liaison between Sales and Marketing functions to insure effective sales execution of marketing initiatives. Brands: Friskies Cat Food, ALPO Cat and Dog Food, Fancy Feast Cat Food, Mighty Dog, Chew-eez Beefhide Treats, and ALPO Snaps.
- As a marketing executive at ConAgra Foods of a $600 million business unit, led the revitalization/turnaround of the Hunt’s Tomatoes Brand Portfolio that resulted in increased sales, market share and profits. Oversaw the new product development and launch of the ketchup industry, disruptive, first inverted bottle, Hunt’s Perfect Squeeze.
- Served as the President and change agent for a $100 million, family-owned cosmetics company and successfully reversed the profit loss from the previous fiscal year and stabilized company culture during a time of turmoil.
- Assumed leadership of a $73 million pet foods brand portfolio to lead a turnaround toward stronger market and financial performance.
- As the COO of a 90-year-old, $50 million, family-owned furniture manufacturing company in Los Angeles, developed a turnaround/survival plan that successfully led the company through the 2008 Great Recession.