Rebecca Waits, Chief People Officer and Talent & Culture Practice lead at SierraConstellation Partners, has over 20 years of experience in talent management, culture and engagement and training/development, as well as a vast knowledge of executive-level planning in overall employee experiences. She focuses on culture, talent development and driving employee engagement.
As Chief People Officer, she is focused on building a world-class culture at SCP by successfully implementing strategic and innovative people solutions. Rebecca also supports business growth and transformation through developing programs to secure retention, diversity and inclusion, professional development and training, management and leadership coaching, employee relations and compliance.
As SCP’s Talent & Culture Practice lead, Rebecca focuses on organizational development, leadership transitions, integrations, risk and HR compliance, talent acquisition and workforce planning, and talent data intelligence for clients. She possesses an innate ability to translate complexities and uncertainties of the ever-changing work environment into actionable insights and innovative opportunities for high growth companies and their people.
Prior to SCP, Rebecca has held various, progressive HR and leadership positions within professional services companies (PR, digital marketing and Big 5 consulting firms) which has given her the opportunity to understand different industries and sectors. Most recently Rebecca was the Chief People & Culture Officer at PMK-BNC where she oversaw the employee experience, leading all agency best practices and programs.
Additionally, Rebecca thrives on being a mentor to other women. Formerly, she was Chair of the Los Angeles Chapter of the Interpublic Group Women’s Leadership Network which is an empowered IPG-wide organization that promotes the advancement, retention and recruitment of women. In 2017, Rebecca was on Los Angeles Business Journal’s Women of Influence list and one of Century City’s Women of Achievement.
Rebecca is originally from Georgia where she studied art at Reinhardt College. When she isn’t traveling and experiencing different cultures, she enjoys giving back to the community through volunteering and pro bono work at various non-profit organizations in and around Los Angeles.
Rebecca’s own leadership experiences builds credibility with her own clients, being able to advise and counsel C-suite executives, HR leaders, mid-level management and high potentials. One of Rebecca’s greatest accomplishments is having worked with managers who, because of coaching, were able to overcome obstacles and achieve extraordinary things.
Notable achievements are:
- Delivering award-winning people practices and policies and action plans that resulted in an 83% Engagement Score in 2022 and received a Great Place to Work Certification in 2021.
- Review of organizational plans which lead to the creation and development of SCP Core Competencies, Career Paths, and Reporting Structures.
- Prioritization of Talent Management with a new Performance Management process, quarterly talent reviews, training, and coaching.
- Development of new DEI partnerships with Youth Business Alliance, Financial Women’s Association and International Women’s Insolvency Restructuring Confederation.
- Certified Professional Motivators Analyst
- Certified Professional DISC Analyst
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator