Rodrigo Virseda, an Associate at SierraConstellation Partners, provides operational and financial advisory services to both under-performing companies and companies in transition.
Prior to SCP, Rodrigo worked at Banc of California where he has held various roles in corporate strategy and commercial lending helping businesses in California meet their financial needs. Prior to joining Banc of California, Rodrigo worked at several boutique investment banks in the greater Los Angeles area specializing in mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and related financial advisory services focused on middle market clients nationwide in various industries, including business services, construction, consumer products and energy.
Rodrigo grew up in Madrid, Spain and is fluent in Spanish. Rodrigo earned a B.S. in business administration from California State University Dominguez Hills. He also successfully completed ACG’s Middle-Market Certification program.
Relevant Industry Expertise
Consumer Products & Retail
Industrials & Manufacturing
Download Rodrigo’s vCard
- Provided advisory and restructuring services to a $300 million commercial printing company to implement operational changes to extend cash runway, evaluate asset sale options, and avoid being forced into involuntary bankruptcy. Work resulted in sale of assets through an assignment for the benefits of creditors to a strategic buyer and secured creditors were paid in full. Key responsibilities included diligence efforts, thirteen-week cash flow model construction, and cost reduction analysis.
- Financial advisor to a venture backed “unicorn” manufacturer of digital medical devices with nearly $1 billion of invested capital facing potential liquidation. Assisted with the organizational restructuring of the Company based on a new business model reducing spend by nearly 60%. Key responsibilities included diligence efforts, thirteen-week cash flow, and new business operating model construction.
- Participated in the divestiture of Banc Home Loans mortgage lending division and $38 million of mortgage servicing rights.
- Advisor on the sale of a large property management company to an investment firm.
- Assisted with the sale of a technology company (pre-revenue) to a large publicly traded company.
- Responsible for due diligence and DCF valuation.