Larry Perkins, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of SierraConstellation Partners, has more than 18 years of management consulting and advisory experience with companies undergoing transition. Larry has enhanced business performance for numerous companies on projects ranging from interim management, profit improvement and working capital management to strategic planning and transaction execution.
Prior to founding SCP, Larry was a senior managing director and regional leader of a national consulting firm where he was responsible for business development, marketing, staffing, and general management of the firm’s western region. Larry joined the firm in 2010 when it acquired El Molino Advisors, a company he founded in January, 2007 and led as the CEO.
Larry began his career in the strategic consulting group of Arthur Andersen after graduating from the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business. He is currently on the board of several non-profits, and two corporate boards, and is a member of the Young Presidents Organization.
In 2021, Larry won the 15th Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Award under the category of ‘Information Technology Deal of the Year’ for his work with Wave Computing.
Larry is the author of the Amazon bestseller, Don’t Be A Stranger, where he explores the secrets of strategic relationship building. He provides personal advice on how to create luck in business by offering techniques that can ultimately help readers develop their own enriching community.
- Served as financial advisor to an international manufacturer/designer of apparel under several different brands that sold through wholesale, company retail stores, and a proprietary e-commerce platform. SCP worked to maximize working capital and provide adequate runway to guide a private restructuring out of court and inject capital into the Company to further execute the turnaround plan.
- Served as interim CEO and CRO to a publicly traded industrial products companies with operations throughout the United States. Was responsible for stabilizing operations, identifying strategic alternatives, and ultimately executing the restructuring of the Company. SCP successfully identified the ultimate buyer and helped negotiate and structure the transaction with the assistance of an international investment bank.
- Served as interim management to a venture-backed solar system designer and installer. Worked with board and CEO to support the successful transaction to a strategic competitor through an out-of-court restructuring.
- Served as CRO to a consumer product manufacturing company where he was responsible for operating the business through the restructuring that ultimately yielded a return to investors 300% greater than originally anticipated through the sale of the business.
- Served as CRO to a chain of skilled nursing facilities throughout California that successfully divested its operations to strategic buyers through a second restructuring after it was determined that the first restructuring of the Company was not plausible.
- Served as Financial Advisor to a $120 million privately held telecom provider where he managed day-to-day operations and augmented management through the sale process.