Tom Lynch, Partner and President at SierraConstellation Partners, brings with him over two decades of capital market experience with a deep focus in restructuring, workouts, recapitalizations, M&A, secondary market transactions, as well as strategic planning and execution.
Prior to joining SCP, Tom was the co-founder and Managing Partner of Woods Hole Capital. Tom was responsible for the executive management and strategic direction of the firm. Tom focused on all aspects of the firm including risk management, portfolio management, operations and the executive leadership of the firm.
Prior to founding Woods Hole Capital, Tom was the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Frederick’s of Hollywood Group (a publicly traded company). Prior to joining Frederick’s, Tom was the CEO of Mellon HBV, later renamed Fursa Alternative Strategies. HBV was a risk arbitrage fund that had moved toward event driven less liquid positions.
Tom has a lengthy and distinguished career in the asset management business. As a Managing Director of Mellon Institutional Asset Management, Tom was a member of the Senior Management Committee, and had direct executive responsibility for a $38 billion AUM business. While at Mellon, Tom founded and launched Mellon’s first Alternative Asset Management distribution group.
Tom has held executive positions with UBS Global Asset Management and the Dreyfus Corporation.
Tom is a graduate of St. Anselm College.
Retailers Pin Their Hopes on this Holiday Season
- Served as CEO and CRO of a publicly traded, United States-based cannabis company with 29 retail stores and 6 cultivation facilities and was later appointed as the Chairman of the Board of Directors. Focused on day-to-day operations, cash flow, and rebuilding relationships with key stakeholders, vendors, and communities. Secured ~$170mm in total new financing alongside restructuring of primary senior debt facility and eliminating senior debt through M&A transaction and transforming working capital issues. Reduced in cash rent impact of $12mm+ and improved the retail EBITDA by ~$140mm annualized adjusted over six quarters.
- Served as Interim CEO and Interim CFO of a $700mm revenue, 300+ store national retail chain with over 30% market share in the bridal wedding dress space. Lead the company through the transition from bankruptcy, solidifying the supply chain, and creating a re-marketed focus for the Millennial and Gen Z consumer. Stabilized the sales by restructuring the sales leadership team and implementing omnichannel policies. Achieved more than $20mm in cost savings on an annualized basis. The stabilization of the Company allowed management to raise $55mm in additional capital to fund further consumer-focused initiatives.
- Served as Chairman and CEO of a publicly traded specialty retailer. Completely restructured operations including reduced SG&A by over $40mm, consolidated executive leadership, sold wholesale division, closed unprofitable Philippine factory, and maintained strong trade support for the entire period of the restructuring. Ended up selling the company to a NYC based PE Firm.
- Served as interim CEO of a Los Angeles based digital media company. Developed and implemented the companies first revenue model and negotiated distribution arrangements. Company experienced 1 billion annual downloads of its content at the time of transition.
- Served as CEO and CRO of a NYC based global hedge fund. Engaged to work with Founder during the peak of the credit crisis. Fund held positions from USA to sub–Saharan Africa with offices in London, Mumbai, Hong Kong and NYC.