Ben Smith, a Senior Director out of Chicago at SierraConstellation Partners, has over 20 years of experience providing financial advisory, restructuring and turnaround, and operational improvement services to companies across the transformation spectrum from those significantly distressed, to those stressed in specific segments of finance/operations, to those with targeted performance improvement initiatives.
He has experience with complex restructurings (both in and out of court), operational improvement initiatives, financial planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow management and modeling, business plan development and strategy.
Ben has experience in a variety of industries, including: airlines; automotive; distribution; healthcare; industrial and manufacturing; restaurants; and transportation and logistics.
Prior to joining SCP, Mr. Smith was most recently a Senior Director at Huron leading and supporting turnaround, restructuring and performance improvement engagements for companies of varying sizes in multiple industries.
Mr. Smith holds a bachelor’s degree in Government from Cornell University and earned his MBA from the University of Florida. He is also a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA) and Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP).
Relevant Industry Expertise
Aerospace & Defense
Industrials & Manufacturing
Transportation & Logistics
Download Ben’s vCard
- Served as a financial advisor to a $300 million transportation and logistics company during their multi-year financial and operational restructuring.
- Served as a financial advisor providing due diligence services for a merger between two regional trucking companies.
- Served as a financial advisor for a $200 million distributor during its asset divesture and reorganization process.
- Served as a financial advisor to a $100 million manufacturer during their winddown and eventual sale of remaining assets.
- Served as financial advisor to several clients in the healthcare industry during their turnaround and restructuring processes.
- Served as a financial advisor to a producer of storage systems from their pre-bankruptcy planning to their 363 sale.
- Served as a financial advisor for a CBD producer from their pre-bankruptcy planning through their in-court restructuring.
- Served as financial advisor to an airline during their bankruptcy process supporting sales of their main line operations, commuter assets and loyalty program.